mercredi 23 août 2017

Time Strategies: In the Absence of a Time Turner

First of all, I believe my pre-designed schedule will work well for me. I will be working Monday and Wednesday, with blocks of time that are perfect for getting most of the classwork done. Then, if I have anything left, I have Friday free of classes to finish my homework up before the weekend. My main time management strategy is to stay on top of deadlines and other commitments using my planner or Google Calendar.

"The Psychology of Checklists" was preaching to the choir: I definitely fall into the camp that gains satisfaction from a planner or app that allows me to check off what I've done - or add things that I've already done just to check them off.

"The Myth of Too Busy" contains similar ideas to articles I've read previously, but it's always useful to reconsider how I am prioritizing my time. For example, I spend plenty of unnecessary time on Instagram, particularly given that I am always trying to fit things I find more important into my day. However, I think it's impossible to prioritize every minute of the day, as my brain sometimes needs a break to just relax and do something unimportant.

This is part of the issue addressed in "Why Time Management is Ruining Our Lives," which describes the anxiety that the need for productivity and control over time can create instead of alleviate, because standards intensify along with solutions. Like many of the people mentioned in the article, I have long attempted to get the most out of my time, since I was nine and made schedules for the daily rest or play time that my mother gave us. However, like them, my attempts do not usually last long and I fall back into just doing whatever I need or want.

checklist_feature
Checklists. Web Source: Trello.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire