mercredi 23 août 2017

In which I explore reading options

Possibly because I was homeschooled - and possibly because I like options - I find the idea of creating my own textbook very appealing. The unTextbook offers a wide variety of options for the different units, and I am already looking forward to reading some of them.

The unit that draws from a book called Folklore of the Holy Land intrigues me, particularly as it emphasizes the Muslim version of stories that I am familiar with from the Bible. During my time in Morocco, I heard the Islamic story of Noah many times, as one of my friends was named Noah. I would like to learn more about the differences and similarities between the stories.

I am originally from Georgia, and my home should by rights belong to the Cherokee. I read a Cherokee creation story in a class last semester, and would like to learn more of the myths of the Cherokee as presented in one of the units.

My primary interest in the Mabinogion stems from the Chronicles of Prydain, which pull from some of the characters and themes of the Mabinogion. Other than that I am not familiar with it, but the story sounds intriguing. In addition, some of my ancestors immigrated from Wales, and I like the sounds of the language and how it is written.

Image result for cherokee creation story
Standing at the Pool of Creation. Web Source: Legends of America.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire