lundi 2 octobre 2017

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking back on my reading notes, I realized that I tend to discuss either my impressions, background information on the story, critiquing the story itself, and suggestions for my own story. Probably the last three are the most useful in writing my retelling, since I can use the background for myself and the last two provide ideas for the characters and the plot. Sometimes I end up with too many ideas, and then it's hard to choose. Probably my favorite reading so far were the stories of Sindbad. Some of the trickiest were the religious ones, as I had difficulty feeling comfortable retelling religious tales and got too interested in exploring the connections between religions. However, I'm quite pleased with my stories so far and am enjoying writing them. I am particularly pleased with my class project, although I'm a bit disappointed that it's proving so confusing to so many of my readers.

Image result for long tailed macaque
Monkey. Web Source: MacleanGray

This is one of my favorite pictures, because the monkey looks to have so much personality. It is easy to see how one would make it a character in folktales.

As you can see, I am generally content with how the class is progressing and expect to continue at about the same pace. I will likely end up doing more research as I continue reading less familiar stories. It would also be interesting to try different formats of stories, although I generally start with the idea and not the format. I am somewhat uncertain as to how to make the stories in my project clearer to my readers. I will try putting more information on the home page. Hopefully the retellings will be interesting enough on their own for those unfamiliar with the originals.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire